Diaface Moonflex Diamond Stone, 70 mm.
Diamond Stone Options (choose from selection below):
- BLACK= X-Coarse 100 grit - offers best cutting action - best for edge repair
- RED= Coarse 200 grit - light cutting to reestablish the edge bevel
- YELLOW= Medium 400 grit - for routine edge maintenance and sharpening (With the red, one of two critical stones in the diamond series. Great for a sharp smooth edge.)
- WHITE= Fine 600 grit - for deburring and edge polishing.
- BLUE= X-Fine 1500 grit - for ultra smooth edge polishing.
- Shop-sized to fit in file guides. These are the best diamond files on the market. Moonflex has a unique configuration cuts & polishes in the same stroke leaving no striations; use wet.
- Use these 70-mm files for the orange multi-tuner or pocket tool sold here.
- The unique diamond pod configuration sets this diamond stone apart from all the others on the market.
Moonflex Selection Guide:
- BLACK= for edge repair (100 grit)
- RED= offers best cutting action to reestablish the edge bevel (200 grit)
- YELLOW= for routine edge maintenance and sharpening (400 grit)
- WHITE= for deburring and edge polishing (600 grit)
- BLUE= for ultra smooth edge polishing (1500 grit)
- The diamond files should be used lubricated, spraying on a solution of 50% water and 50% denatured alcohol. In emergency, on the ski slope, the snow could be enough to keep them lubricated.
- Create the edge with a file, then use the various grits in sequence for obtaining a mirror finish (200-400-600-1500). Three or four passes of each grit, without exerting pressure, are enough to obtain a perfect result.
- After use, clean the stone with the water-alcohol solution using a small bronze or nylon brush.