High quality with lots of items! Compare RaceWax kit contents to any kit on the market to learn they are far superior both in quality and completeness. Deluxe Tuning Kit includes:
- Edge Bevel Multi Tool with metal file (SKU RB-3503) for a precise edge angle from 0 degree to 5 degrees in 0.5 degree increments;
- Blue DMT Diamond Stone;
- 40 g bar of All Temperature Wax;
- Sharp/Rigid Acrylic Wax Scraper;
- Metal Scraper;
- Full-Size Gummi Stone;
- Large Edge Stone (brown or gray);
- File Cleaning Brush;
- Clear P-Tex rod;
- Black P-Tex rod;
- One pair (two) brake retainers;
- all in a zippered Cordura pouch with lots of storage pockets.
- RaceWax Deluxe kits are the only kits featured in Ski Magazine's 2011 Gear Guide.
Which kit to choose, Quality or Deluxe?
The difference is that the Deluxe kit has a more advanced edge tool with more angles and also more brake retainers.
There is a more detailed review in our Tuning Tips section above.
Summary of common uses (see individual products for more detail):
- edge tool sets angles for boards and skis
- diamond stone is used to maintain edges weekly
- wax is rated for all conditions
- wax scraper removes excess wax that slows skis
- metal scraper and ptex are to repair base gouges
- edge stone is for removal/repair of edge damage
- gummi stone is for edge rust removal, detuning, and burr removal
- file brush used to keep files free of metal waste from edge work
- brake retainer holds brake during edge tuning