RaceWax Carver Ski Snowboard Wax Tuning Kit with a Snowboard/Ski Combo Vise.
The edge tool does a 1 deg base and two side angles (89/88). Also, the tool will accept 70 mm diamond stones for fine honing of the edge without metal removal. Best are a blue DMT or yellow Moonflex stone.
All metal vise that does BOTH ski and snowboard tuning called the Vise President. Center black spacer allows skis to mount on edge at the correct height and is removable to accept the wider snowboard in the vertical position.
Purchase a Swix/Toko adapter to convert this vise for snowboard use.
- Temperature adjustable 800 W Wintersteiger wax iron with a thick sole plate for temperature stability and a unique curved plate to 'cup' melted wax and prevent wax loss
- SKS Pocket-II Edge Beveler for 89/88 or 1/2 degree side edge angles and a 1 degree base angle (file included)
- Two-sided metal file with arrow to show cutting direction included with edge tool
- Gumi or Gummi Stone, coarse gray, great for removing rust, prepping an edge, deburring and detuning
- Large 150 g bar All Temperature Wax (enough for about 15 waxings)
- 5.5 inch, 4-mm thick precision ground Triangle Wax Scraper with a corner notch for edge cleaning
- A 3 in x 4.5 in nylon brush (10 mm) that is the workhorse of wax removal. Designed to be stiff enough to remove wax in less passes to save you time
- Metal Scraper with vinyl storage sleeve
- One Clear P-Tex (8 mm diameter, about 190 mm / 7.5 in. long)
- One Black P-Tex (8 mm diameter, about 190 mm / 7.5 in. long)
- Brass file brush
- Two Large Brake Retainers
- Large (approx 12" x 8" x 6.5") double-zippered Cordura tool bag that features: Internal strap to secure wax iron; two internal open-access tool pockets; zippered mesh pocket for securing small items; external quick access pocket with velcro closure.
Summary of common uses (see individual products for more detail):
- edge tool sets angles for boards and skis
- wax is rated for all conditions
- wax scraper removes excess wax that slows skis
- ptex and metal scraper are to repair base gouges
- nylon brush is for final buffing of base to remove wax from grooves or structure
Temperature adjustable 800 W Wintersteiger wax iron with a thick sole plate for temperature stability. Fine-tuned numbered temperature adjustment dial starts from below 100 C / 212 F and rises to 170 C / 338 F. Design features a unique curved plate to 'cup' melted wax and prevent wax loss;