RaceWax Diamond Stone, 70 mm x 25mm.
- BLACK (X-Coarse)= offers best cutting action (240 grit);
- BLUE (Coarse)= for routine edge maintenance and sharpening (360);
- RED (Fine)= for deburring and edge polishing (500);
- GREEN (X-fine)= for ultra smooth edge polishing (1000)
- Use wet with a 50/50 water/alcohol mix minimize wear and to wash away the ground material.
- Use these 70-mm files for the multi-tuner or pocket tool sold here; specific angle edge tools are best used with longer (100+ mm) stones.
- Sold in bulk non-retail packaging.
- The interrupted surface of recessed polka dots collects and removes the metal filings during the polishing process.
For optimum performance:
- The diamond files should be used lubricated, spraying on a solution of 50% water and 50% denatured alcohol. In emergency, on the ski slope, the snow could be enough to keep them lubricated.
- Create the edge with a file, then use the various grits in sequence for obtaining a mirror finish (220-325-600-1200). Three or four passes of each grit, without exerting pressure, are enough to obtain a perfect result.
- After use, clean the stone with the water-alcohol solution using a small bronze or nylon brush.