Side and base edge bevel multi tool with three diamond stones and includes a metal file.
- This one tool is all you need to sharpen and bevel your edges. Dial a precise angle from 0 degree to 5 degrees in 0.5 degree increments.
- A metal file and three diamond stones included!
- Use the black diamond stone for light cutting, the blue stone to hone the edge and maintain the sharpness, and the red stone for ultra-fine sharpening/polishing.
- The brand of stone will be RaceWax diamond stones.
- Bonus Benefit for this tool: If you don't know what base and side angles your ski/board are set to, this tool can help you find them. Before you start mark the metal edge with a sharpie, start the tool at the lowest angle and see if it removes the marking on your edge. Raise the angle step-wise and repeat until it removes the mark. That is your angle! Record the base/side angles for future reference.
- BLACK (X-Coarse)= offers best cutting action;
- BLUE (Coarse)= for routine edge maintenance and sharpening;
- RED (Fine)= for deburring and edge polishing.
The amount of base edge bevel will affect the ability of the ski/board to pivot on the snow. The more base edge bevel, the easier it will be to pivot or slide from side to side. Once you set the base edge angle, you can't go back to the original because of the base material. If the skis hook up on turns, increase the bevel by a quarter or half degree.
Side edge beveling will give the skis more grip on the snow surface. Higher angles should be reserved for experienced racers; if the angle is too high the ski can "rail out" on a less experienced racer. Typical angles are 1.0 to 3.0 degrees. Less angle equals less grip. Slalom angles can be 3.0 to 5.0 degrees; downhill up to 3.0 degrees. A racer should start at 3 degrees.
There are no reviews for this product at this time.Write a Review