Diaface Moonflex Diamond Stone, 100 mm.
Diamond Stone Options (choose from selection below):
- BLACK= X-Coarse 100 grit - offers best cutting action - best for edge repair
- RED= Coarse 200 grit - light cutting to reestablish the edge bevel
- YELLOW= Medium 400 grit - for routine edge maintenance and sharpening (With the red, one of two critical stones in the diamond series. Great for a sharp smooth edge.)
- WHITE= Fine 600 grit - for deburring and edge polishing.
- BLUE= X-Fine 1500 grit - for ultra smooth edge polishing.
- Full set of all five stones
- Shop-sized to fit in file guides. These are the best diamond files on the market. Moonflex has a unique configuration cuts & polishes in the same stroke leaving no striations; use wet.
- The unique diamond pod configuration sets this diamond stone apart from all the others on the market.
Moonflex Selection Guide:
- BLACK= for edge repair (100 grit)
- RED= offers best cutting action to reestablish the edge bevel (200 grit)
- YELLOW= for routine edge maintenance and sharpening (400 grit)
- WHITE= for deburring and edge polishing (600 grit)
- BLUE= for ultra smooth edge polishing (1500 grit)
From the Diaface Moonflex diamond stone site:
- The diamond files should be used lubricated, spraying on a solution of 50% water and 50% denatured alcohol. In emergency, on the ski slope, the snow could be enough to keep them lubricated.
- Create the edge with a file, then use the various grits in sequence for obtaining a mirror finish (200-400-600-1500). Three or four passes of each grit, without exerting pressure, are enough to obtain a perfect result.
- After use, clean the stone with the water-alcohol solution using a small bronze or nylon brush.
Been using for several years presently use 200 and 400 stones. They do great job keeping edges sharp. You may need 100 or file if edges are in rough shape.
Diaface diamond stones are durable and effective. I have tried a few brands and so far I like these the best.