RaceWax Complete Ski Snowboard Wax Tuning Kit.
Perfect kit for families or those needing to tune many skis/boards!
The edge tool is the last tool you will ever need, 20 different angles total!
- Temperature adjustable 800 W Wintersteiger wax iron (110 volt) with a thick sole plate for temperature stability and a unique curved plate to 'cup' melted wax and prevent wax loss.
- Base-Side Bevel File Guide SKS Multi Tool. Dial a precise angle from 0-5 deg in 0.5 deg increments.
- Two-sided metal file included with edge tool.
- Blue Diamond Stone for routine edge maintenance and sharpening (360 grit);
- Gumi or Gummi Stone, coarse gray, great for removing rust, prepping an edge, deburring and detuning.
- Large 150 g bar of our best quality All Temperature Wax (enough for about 15 waxings);
- 5-mm thick Ski Wax Scraper with polished edges and a corner notch for edge cleaning. 5.5 in long x 2.25 in high;
- Snowboard Wax Scraper with polished edges and a corner notch for edge cleaning. 9 inch x 2-3/8 scraper that is 4 mm thick;
- Three Brush Kit: Brass brush for renewing base structure, opening pores before you wax, and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush that is the workhorse of wax removal; Soft, fine Horsehair brush for removing wax from the fine structure of your base for the ultimate polish! Each brush measures 3 in x 4.5 in.;
- Metal Scraper with vinyl storage sleeve;
- One Clear P-Tex (8 mm diameter, about 190 mm long;
- One Black P-Tex (8 mm diameter, about 190 mm long;
- Brass file brush;
- Two Large Brake Retainers;
- Large (approximately 12" x 8" x 6.5") double-zippered Cordura tool bag that features: Internal strap to secure wax iron; two internal open-access tool pockets; zippered mesh pocket for securing small items; external quick access pocket with velcro closure; two carry straps with a velcro clasp handle.
Summary of common uses (see individual products for more detail):
- edge tool sets angles for boards and skis
- wax is rated for all conditions
- wax scraper removes excess wax that slows skis
- ptex and metal scraper are to repair base gouges
- brush kit is for final buffing of base to remove wax from grooves or structure
Bonus Benefit for the edge tool: If you don't know what base and side angles your ski/board are set to, this tool can help you find them. Before you start mark the metal edge with a sharpie, start the tool at the lowest angle and see if it removes the marking on your edge. Raise the angle step-wise and repeat until it removes the mark. That is your angle! Record the base/side angles for future reference.
Three Brush Kit Details: Brass brush (10 mm) for renewing base structure, opening pores before you wax (for this step brush in the opposite direction - tail to tip), and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush (10 mm) that is the workhorse of wax removal. Designed to be stiff enough to remove wax in less passes to save you time; Soft, fine Horsehair brush (8 mm) for removing wax from the fine structure of your base for the ultimate polish! Handy zippered storage case included. Each brush measures 3 in x 4.5 in.;
Temperature adjustable 800 W Wintersteiger wax iron with a thick sole plate for temperature stability. Fine-tuned numbered temperature adjustment dial starts from below 100 C / 212 F and rises to 170 C / 338 F. Design features a unique curved plate to 'cup' melted wax and prevent wax loss;
I looked for a tuning kit for a while and was going to do the alacart route but this kit seemed like it had most of what I needed. It was delivered very quickly with a personal thank you The bag was packed nicely and has ample room for the iron and more items if needed. I used it on two skis so far and loved the iron and wax.