RaceWax Digital Wax Tuning Kit with a ski/snowboard combo vise.
Professionally sharpen ski and snowboard edges with the Swix base-side angle edge tool.
- A pair (two) of metal vise supports for snowboard tuning from Swix. The board is fixed upright when working on the side edges. Adjustable width for better stability when the board is laid flat for waxing.
- A digital waxing iron with a built-in microprocessor. Heats quickly to deliver a working temperature range of 80 Degrees to 170 Degrees C (176 Degrees to 338 Degrees F). Double-thick dimpled/grooved baseplate that measures 4.13" x 5.75" (105 x 146 mm).120 volts and 850 watts, 60 Hz. North American model with standard plug.
- Swix Base-Side Dual Edge Tool. Dial a precise side angle from 0 degree to 5 degrees and base angle of 0.5 to 1.0 degree. Nine angles total.
- High-quality Swiss-made ICECUT metal file included, 80 mm.
- Medium grit diamond stone for routine edge sharpening (360 grit); 80 mm is the max length for this tool.
- Swix Gumi Stone for removing rust, deburring and detuning
- Two 60 g bars Swix Wax - 1 Red/Warm mid-range temp 14F to 36F (-10C to +2C) - 1 Blue/Cold temp -4F to 14F (-20C to -10C);
- 5 mm thick tough plexi wax scraper with classic orange RaceWax logo. 7 inches long and 2.2 inches high (175x55x5);
- Three Brush Set: Brass brush for renewing base structure, opening pores, and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush is the workhorse of wax removal; Soft, fine Horsehair brush for removing wax from the fine structure of your base for the ultimate polish! Each brush measures 3 in x 4.5 in.
- Metal Scraper with storage sleeve
- One Clear P-Tex 8 mm 190 mm long
- One Black P-Tex 8 mm 190 mm long
- Brass file brush
- Two Large Brake Retainers
- Large tool bag
Summary of common uses (see individual products for more detail):
- edge tool sets angles for boards and skis
- two wax bars that together cover all conditions
- wax scraper removes excess wax that slows skis
- ptex and metal scraper are to repair base gouges
- brush kit is for final buffing of base to remove wax from grooves or structure
Bonus Benefit for the edge tool: If you don't know what base and side angles your ski/board are set to, this tool can help you find them. Before you start mark the metal edge with a sharpie, start the tool at the lowest angle and see if it removes the marking on your edge. Raise the angle step-wise and repeat until it removes the mark. That is your angle! Record the base/side angles for future reference.
Three Brush Kit Details: Brass brush (10 mm) for renewing base structure, opening pores before you wax (for this step brush in the opposite direction - tail to tip), and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush (10 mm) that is the workhorse of wax removal. Designed to be stiff enough to remove wax in less passes to save you time; Soft, fine Horsehair brush (8 mm) for removing wax from the fine structure of your base for the ultimate polish! Handy zippered storage case included. Each brush measures 3 in x 4.5 in.;
There are no reviews for this product at this time.Write a Review