RaceWax Digital Ski Snowboard Wax Tuning Kit.
- A digital waxing iron with a built-in microprocessor. Heats quickly to deliver a working temperature range of 80 Degrees to 170 Degrees C (176 Degrees to 338 Degrees F). Double-thick dimpled/grooved baseplate that measures 4.13" x 5.75" (105 x 146 mm).120 volts and 850 watts, 60 Hz. North American model with standard plug.
- Base-Side Bevel File Guide SKS Multi Tool. Dial a precise angle from 0-5 deg in 0.5 deg increments.
- Two-sided metal file included with edge tool.
- Blue Diamond Stone for routine edge maintenance and sharpening (360 grit);
- Gummi Stone for removing rust, prepping an edge, deburring and detuning;
- Large 150 g bar of All Temperature Wax;
- 5-mm thick Ski Wax Scraper with polished edges and a corner notch for edge cleaning. 5.5 in long x 2.25 in high;
- Snowboard Wax Scraper with a corner notch for edge cleaning. 9 inch x 2-3/8 scraper that is 4 mm thick;
- Three Brush Kit: Brass brush for renewing base structure, opening pores before you wax, and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush that is the workhorse of wax removal; Soft, fine Horsehair brush for removing wax from the fine structure of your base for the ultimate polish! Each brush measures 3 in x 4.5 in.;
- Metal Scraper with vinyl storage sleeve;
- One Clear P-Tex (8 mm diameter, about 190 mm long;
- One Black P-Tex (8 mm diameter, about 190 mm long;
- Brass file brush;
- Cork wax block;
- Two Large Brake Retainers;
- Large (approximately 12" x 8" x 6.5") double-zippered Cordura tool bag that features: Internal strap to secure wax iron; two internal open-access tool pockets; zippered mesh pocket for securing small items; external quick access pocket with velcro closure; two carry straps with a velcro clasp handle.
Summary of common uses (see individual products for more detail):
- edge tool sets angles for boards and skis
- wax is rated for all conditions
- wax scraper removes excess wax that slows skis
- ptex and metal scraper are to repair base gouges
- brush kit is for final buffing of base to remove wax from grooves or structure
Bonus Benefit for the edge tool: If you don't know what base and side angles your ski/board are set to, this tool can help you find them. Before you start mark the metal edge with a sharpie, start the tool at the lowest angle and see if it removes the marking on your edge. Raise the angle step-wise and repeat until it removes the mark. That is your angle! Record the base/side angles for future reference.
Three Brush Kit Details: Brass brush (10 mm) for renewing base structure, opening pores before you wax (for this step brush in the opposite direction - tail to tip), and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush (10 mm) that is the workhorse of wax removal. Designed to be stiff enough to remove wax in less passes to save you time; Soft, fine Horsehair brush (8 mm) for removing wax from the fine structure of your base for the ultimate polish! Handy zippered storage case included. Each brush measures 3 in x 4.5 in.;
RaceWax digital waxing iron features a built-in microprocessor to precisely control temperature fluctuations. Heats quickly to deliver a working temperature range of 80 Degrees to 170 Degrees C (176 Degrees to 338 Degrees F). The digital readout will continuously display the current operating temperature. The aluminum base plate is a hefty 5/8" (16 mm) thick and measures 4.13" x 5.75". Double-thick dimpled and grooved baseplate for excellent wax distribution. 120 volts and 850 watts, 60 Hz. North American model with standard plug.
There are no reviews for this product at this time.Write a Review