RaceWax Digital Ski Snowboard Wax Tuning Kit with a ski vise (easily converted for snowboard tuning with Swix/Toko adaptor sold separately).
RaceWax World Cup All Metal ski vise. 60 mm wide gripping length on center jaws offers superior stability for skis. Jaw opening ranges from 40-90 mm. Height adjustable end supports that rotate in two directions.
- A digital waxing iron with a built-in microprocessor. Heats quickly to deliver temperatures from 80 Degrees to 170 Degrees C (176 Degrees to 338 Degrees F). Double-thick dimpled/grooved baseplate that measures 4.13" x 5.75" (105 x 146 mm).120 volts and 850 watts, 60 Hz. North American model with standard plug.
- Base-Side Bevel File Guide SKS Multi Tool. Dial a precise angle from 0-5 deg in 0.5 deg increments
- Two-sided metal file included with edge tool
- Blue Diamond Stone for edge maintenance and sharpening (360 grit)
- Gumi Stone for removing rust, deburring and detuning
- Large 150 g bar of All Temperature Wax (about 15 waxings)
- 5-mm thick Ski Wax Scraper with polished edges and a corner notch for edge cleaning. 5.5 in x 2.25 in
- Snowboard Wax Scraper with polished edges and a corner notch for edge cleaning. 9 inch x 2-3/8 scraper that is 4 mm thick
- Three Brush Kit: Brass brush for renewing base structure, opening pores, and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush is for wax removal; Soft, fine Horsehair brush for removing wax from the fine base structure for the ultimate polish! Each measures 3 in x 4.5 in.
- Metal Scraper with storage sleeve
- Clear P-Tex 8 mm 190 mm long
- Black P-Tex 8 mm 190 mm long
- Brass file brush
- Cork wax block;
- Two Large Brake Retainers
- Large (approx 12" x 8" x 6.5") Cordura tool bag that features: Internal strap to secure wax iron; two internal tool pockets; zippered mesh pocket; external pocket.
Summary of common uses (see individual products for more detail):
- edge tool sets angles for boards and skis
- wax is rated for all conditions
- wax scraper removes excess wax that slows skis
- ptex and metal scraper are to repair base gouges
- brush kit is for final buffing of base to remove wax from grooves or structure
Bonus Benefit for the edge tool: If you don't know what base and side angles your ski/board are set to, this tool can help you find them. Before you start mark the metal edge with a sharpie, start the tool at the lowest angle and see if it removes the marking on your edge. Raise the angle step-wise and repeat until it removes the mark. That is your angle! Record the base/side angles for future reference.
Three Brush Kit Details: Brass brush (10 mm) for renewing base structure, opening pores before you wax (for this step brush in the opposite direction - tail to tip), and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush (10 mm) that is the workhorse of wax removal. Designed to be stiff enough to remove wax in less passes to save you time; Soft, fine Horsehair brush (8 mm) for removing wax from the fine structure of your base for the ultimate polish! Handy zippered storage case included. Each brush measures 3 in x 4.5 in.;
I am very happy with all the tuning products in this kit. They are great quality and have allowed me to get my skis into excellent shape. Marc has provided excellent customer service.