RaceWax Digital Ski Snowboard Wax Tuning Kit with a ski vise (easily converted for snowboard tuning with Swix/Toko adaptor sold separately).
RaceWax World Cup All Metal ski vise. 60 mm wide gripping length on center jaws offers superior stability for skis. Jaw opening ranges from 40-90 mm. Height adjustable end supports that rotate in two directions.
- A digital waxing iron with a built-in microprocessor. Heats quickly to deliver temperatures from 80 Degrees to 170 Degrees C (176 Degrees to 338 Degrees F). Double-thick dimpled/grooved baseplate that measures 4.13" x 5.75" (105 x 146 mm).120 volts and 850 watts, 60 Hz. North American model with standard plug.
- Base-Side Bevel File Guide SKS Multi Tool. Dial a precise angle from 0-5 deg in 0.5 deg increments
- Two-sided metal file included with edge tool
- Blue Diamond Stone for edge maintenance and sharpening (360 grit)
- Gumi Stone for removing rust, deburring and detuning
- Large 150 g bar of All Temperature Wax (about 15 waxings)
- 5-mm thick Ski Wax Scraper with polished edges and a corner notch for edge cleaning. 5.5 in x 2.25 in
- Snowboard Wax Scraper with polished edges and a corner notch for edge cleaning. 9 inch x 2-3/8 scraper that is 4 mm thick
- Three Brush Kit: Brass brush for renewing base structure, opening pores, and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush is for wax removal; Soft, fine Horsehair brush for removing wax from the fine base structure for the ultimate polish! Each measures 3 in x 4.5 in.
- Metal Scraper with storage sleeve
- Clear P-Tex 8 mm 190 mm long
- Black P-Tex 8 mm 190 mm long
- Brass file brush
- Cork wax block;
- Two Large Brake Retainers
- Large (approx 12" x 8" x 6.5") Cordura tool bag that features: Internal strap to secure wax iron; two internal tool pockets; zippered mesh pocket; external pocket.
Summary of common uses (see individual products for more detail):
- edge tool sets angles for boards and skis
- wax is rated for all conditions
- wax scraper removes excess wax that slows skis
- ptex and metal scraper are to repair base gouges
- brush kit is for final buffing of base to remove wax from grooves or structure
Bonus Benefit for the edge tool: If you don't know what base and side angles your ski/board are set to, this tool can help you find them. Before you start mark the metal edge with a sharpie, start the tool at the lowest angle and see if it removes the marking on your edge. Raise the angle step-wise and repeat until it removes the mark. That is your angle! Record the base/side angles for future reference.
Three Brush Kit Details: Brass brush (10 mm) for renewing base structure, opening pores before you wax (for this step brush in the opposite direction - tail to tip), and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush (10 mm) that is the workhorse of wax removal. Designed to be stiff enough to remove wax in less passes to save you time; Soft, fine Horsehair brush (8 mm) for removing wax from the fine structure of your base for the ultimate polish! Handy zippered storage case included. Each brush measures 3 in x 4.5 in.;
There are no reviews for this product at this time.Write a Review