RaceWax Detachable Axle and Safety Shield/Handle for 100 mm Ski RotoBrushes
- Rotobrush control handle/shield with detachable axle. For 100 mm roto brushes.
- Changing brushes is literally a snap. Instead of loosening the drill chuck each time you need to change a brush, simply pull the axle from the handle, change the brush and snap it back in.
- The main difference between this tool and others is that the axle is easily removable allowing a quick switch of brushes. Roto axles from some manufacturers like Toko and Red Creek are not detachable/removable.
- Large ergonomic grip. Hexagon shaft rolls smoothly on sealed bearings. A spacer is included to offset the brush for wider skis.
- Compatible with all RaceWax, SKS, Swix and Toko 100 mm rotobrushes. Though Swix brushes are compatible with the RaceWax axle, the snap-in fitting for a Swix axle will not fit into the RaceWax handle.
- When removing wax with brushes, brush tip to tail, blowing/brushing the wax towards the tail.
- Pictured brush is not included.
Don't use excessive drill speeds or downward pressure. This will create excessive heat and smear wax rather than brush it. Most cordless drills max out at 1,200 rpm, but standard drills go up to 2,500 rpm. Use the sound of the drill to judge the speed. Most of the brushing action is back and forth with a tip to tail finish.
- Always use safety glasses.
- (Except for brass) Brush from tip to tail with the brush rotation throwing the wax particles towards the tail.
- Brass or Copper Roto-Brush: Use tail to tip at a medium pace with light pressure at 800 rpm.
- Nylon Roto-Brush: Use back and forth at a medium pace with medium pressure at top speed not-to-exceed 2,500 rpm, with two final strokes tip to tail.
- Soft Bristle or Felt Roto-Brush: Use back and forth at a medium pace with light pressure at top speed not-to-exceed 2,500 rpm, with two final strokes tip to tail.
- Horsehair Roto-Brush: Use back and forth at a medium pace with light pressure at top speed not-to-exceed 2,500 rpm, with two final strokes tip to tail.
- Roto-Cork: Use back and forth at a quick pace with very light pressure at 800 rpm, finish with hand corking. Due to the extreme heat generated by friction minimize the time the cork is in contact with the base.
Great Rotobrush tool! Very sturdy and well built. The removable axle makes switching rotobrushes so much faster. Which is great when you have multiple ski to wax and for race preparation. Also, the staff at Racewax are exceptionally kind and timely. My go to place for ski tools and waxes.