RaceWax Ski RotoBrush Kit Axle-Handle-Shield with all 3 Brushes: Nylon, Horsehair, Brass
- RaceWax ski rotobrush 100 mm with detachable axle and safety shield/hood. For 100 mm roto brushes. Large ergonomic grip. Hexagon shaft rolls smoothly on sealed bearings. Compatible with all RaceWax, SKS, Swix and Toko 100 mm rotobrushes.
- Changing brushes is literally a snap. Instead of loosening the drill chuck each time you need to change a brush, simply pull the axle from the handle, change the brush and snap it back in.
- Compatible with all RaceWax, SKS, Swix and Toko 100 mm rotobrushes. Though Swix brushes are compatible with the RaceWax axle, the snap-in fitting for a Swix axle will not fit into the RaceWax handle. A spacer is included to offset the brush for wider skis.
- RaceWax brass ski rotobrush. 100 mm. Use the brass brush for before-wax base cleaning or for very hard waxes. Use in a tail-to-tip direction for base structure renewal and pore opening for better wax absorption.
- RaceWax white nylon ski rotobrush. 100 mm. Use before horsehair brush finish.
- RaceWax horsehair ski rotobrush. 100 mm. Use after the nylon brush for a final finish.
- See Product Use tab below or Tuning Tips section for instructions.
- Do NOT buy this kit for snowboard use. You need 300 mm brushes for a snowboard.
Don't use excessive drill speeds or downward pressure. This will create excessive heat and smear wax rather than brush it. Most cordless drills max out at 1,200 rpm, but standard drills go up to 2,500 rpm. Use the sound of the drill to judge the speed. Most of the brushing action is back and forth with a tip to tail finish.
- Always use safety glasses.
- (Except for brass) Brush from tip to tail with the brush rotation throwing the wax particles towards the tail.
- Brass or Copper Roto-Brush: Use tail to tip at a medium pace with light pressure at 800 rpm.
- Nylon Roto-Brush: Use back and forth at a medium pace with medium pressure at top speed not-to-exceed 2,500 rpm, with two final strokes tip to tail.
- Soft Bristle or Felt Roto-Brush: Use back and forth at a medium pace with light pressure at top speed not-to-exceed 2,500 rpm, with two final strokes tip to tail.
- Horsehair Roto-Brush: Use back and forth at a medium pace with light pressure at top speed not-to-exceed 2,500 rpm, with two final strokes tip to tail.
- Roto-Cork: Use back and forth at a quick pace with very light pressure at 800 rpm, finish with hand corking. Due to the extreme heat generated by friction minimize the time the cork is in contact with the base.
incredible time saver. nice to change brushes with drill disconnect too. i just cleaned and brushed out and summer waxed 10 pairs of skis in under 2 hours.don't know if if will ever hand brush again!