All the brushes (3 in x 4.5 in) you need to get started. This money saving three brush kit contains:
- A brass brush (10 mm) for renewing base structure, opening pores before you wax (for this step brush in the opposite direction - tail to tip), and brushing hard waxes.
- A nylon brush (10 mm) that is the workhorse of wax removal. Designed to be stiff enough to remove wax in less passes to save you time.
- A soft, fine horsehair brush (8 mm) for removing wax from the fine structure of your base for the ultimate polish!
- Handy zippered storage case included. Case trim may be black or white.
- Each brush measures 3 in x 4.5 in.
Order of stiffness for rectangular brushes sold here (stiffest at top; softest at the bottom):
- white nylon
- blue nylon
- 9-mm horsehair
- 18-mm horsehair
Common uses for brushes in this kit:
- Brush tip to tail, except when renewing your base structure (see below).
- In general the progression of brushes after scraping wax from your base is to start with the stiffest and end with the softer/finer brush. In this set, brass is the stiffest and horsehair the finest, however, there is no need to start with a brass brush on softer waxes because the nylon is perfectly efficient at removing this wax.
- Start with brass if brushing cold-rated very hard waxes.
- You can also use brass to renew your base structure and open pores for improved wax absorption. Do this by brushing tail to tip. Pores get beat down in the tip to tail direction and close. Brushing with brass in the opposite direction (tail to tip) can open the pores.
- Brass is also commonly used to brush dirt and old wax off a ski surface before waxing.
- Nylon is the workhorse brush; use it to remove most of the wax with repeated brushing.
- Horsehair has finer bristles and can reach down into the fine structure of the ski base. Use it after the nylon for final polishing. Also good for buffing racing overlays.
Very nice brush kit, all the ones I need.
just starting to use brushes, the brass does a good job prepping the base for new wax & the nylon is great for finishing up after scraping. also a good form factor, the width crosses edge to edge even at the shovel
I ended up buying two sets of these brushes (one for home, one for the road). It's great to get all the brushes I needed in one purchase. They seem higher quality that my old brushes and are the best value, and they're easy to use.
A nice set for the money, I would love a bigger brush but you get what you pay for , these work just fine and are comfortable to use.
Each brush works great for different purposes. very strong and effective.
Brushes work well and appear to be good quality. These are the first brushes I have ever used so I can't compare to anything else, however I do like them.
Brushes are high quality and make waxing a much better process. Good product for the price.
Nice handles, minimal fiber loss brushing pre/post wax bottoms on several ski pairs. Nice comfy grip for prolonged speedy use, did great job on boards and skis.
Good quality, they do the trick. There are more expensive ones, but I don't think the average person can go wrong here.