RaceWax Snowboard RotoBrush Kit: Snap-in Axle and Dust Hood/Shield with Two Brushes, Nylon and Horsehair
- Full length dust shield to contain wax particles.
- Changing brushes is literally a snap. Instead of loosening the drill chuck each time you need to change a brush, simply pull the axle from the handle, change the brush and snap it back in.
- Axle has ball bearing Handle.
- RaceWax white nylon snowboard rotobrush. 300 mm. Use before horsehair brush finish.
- RaceWax horsehair snowboard rotobrush. 300 mm. Use after the nylon brush for a final finish.
- Compatible with all RaceWax, SKS, Red Creek and Toko 300 mm rotobrushes.
- Wear appropriate eye protection.
Don't use excessive drill speeds or downward pressure. This will create excessive heat and smear wax rather than brush it. Most cordless drills max out at 1,200 rpm, but standard drills go up to 2,500 rpm. Use the sound of the drill to judge the speed. Most of the brushing action is back and forth with a tip to tail finish.
- Always use safety glasses.
- (Except for brass) Brush from tip to tail with the brush rotation throwing the wax particles towards the tail.
- Brass or Copper Roto-Brush: Use tail to tip at a medium pace with light pressure at 800 rpm.
- Nylon Roto-Brush: Use back and forth at a medium pace with medium pressure at top speed not-to-exceed 2,500 rpm, with two final strokes tip to tail.
- Soft Bristle or Felt Roto-Brush: Use back and forth at a medium pace with light pressure at top speed not-to-exceed 2,500 rpm, with two final strokes tip to tail.
- Horsehair Roto-Brush: Use back and forth at a medium pace with light pressure at top speed not-to-exceed 2,500 rpm, with two final strokes tip to tail.
- Roto-Cork: Use back and forth at a quick pace with very light pressure at 800 rpm, finish with hand corking. Due to the extreme heat generated by friction minimize the time the cork is in contact with the base.
I've been using scotch-brite pads for initial finishing, wax removal for years. These roto-brushes are AWESOME!! SO much faster, easier, and they provide an excellent finish! I highly recommend!!