RaceWax Elite Ski Snowboard Wax Tuning Kit developed in partnership with Swix.
Professionally sharpen ski and snowboard edges with the Swix base-side angle edge tool.
- Temperature adjustable 1000W RaceWax wax iron (120 volt) with a double-thick baseplate dimpled and grooved for excellent wax distribution. Temperature range of 80-170 C (176-338 F).
- Swix Base-Side Dual Edge Tool. Dial a precise side angle from 0 degree to 5 degrees and base angle of 0.5 to 1.0 degree. Nine angles total.
- High-quality Swiss-made ICECUT metal file included (80 mm).
- Medium grit diamond stone for routine edge maintenance and sharpening (360 grit);
- Swix Gummi Stone great for removing rust, prepping an edge, deburring and detuning;
- Two 60 g bars Swix Wax - 1 Red/Warm mid-range temp 14F to 36F (-10C to +2C) - 1 Blue/Cold temp -4F to 14F (-20C to -10C);
- 5 mm thick tough plexi wax scraper with classic orange RaceWax logo. 7 inches long and 2.2 inches high (175x55x5);
- Three Brush Set: Brass brush for renewing base structure, opening pores before you wax, and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush that is the workhorse of wax removal; Fine Horsehair brush for removing wax from the fine structure of your base. Approx. 3 in x 4.5 in.;
- Metal Scraper with vinyl storage sleeve;
- One Clear P-Tex (8 mm diameter, about 190 mm long;
- One Black P-Tex (8 mm diameter, about 190 mm long;
- Brass file cleaning brush;
- Two Large Brake Retainers (color may vary);
- Large (approximately 12" x 8" x 6.5") double-zippered Cordura tool bag that features: Internal strap to secure wax iron; two internal open-access tool pockets; zippered mesh pocket for securing small items; external quick access pocket with velcro closure; two carry straps with a velcro clasp handle.
Summary of common uses (see individual products for more detail):
- edge tool sets angles for boards and skis
- wax is rated for all conditions
- wax scraper removes excess wax that slows skis
- ptex and metal scraper are to repair base gouges
- brush kit is for final buffing of base to remove wax from grooves or structure
Bonus Benefit for the edge tool: If you don't know what base and side angles your ski/board are set to, this tool can help you find them. Before you start mark the metal edge with a sharpie, start the tool at the lowest angle and see if it removes the marking on your edge. Raise the angle step-wise and repeat until it removes the mark. That is your angle! Record the base/side angles for future reference.
Three Brush Kit Details: Brass brush (10 mm) for renewing base structure, opening pores before you wax (for this step brush in the opposite direction - tail to tip), and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush (10 mm) that is the workhorse of wax removal. Designed to be stiff enough to remove wax in less passes to save you time; Soft, fine Horsehair brush (8 mm) for removing wax from the fine structure of your base for the ultimate polish! Each brush measures 3 in x 4.5 in.;
Temperature adjustable 1000W RaceWax wax iron with a double-thick baseplate dimpled and grooved for excellent wax distribution. Temperature range of 80-170 C (176-338 F). 120 volts and 1000 watts, 60 Hz. North American model with standard plug.
Everything expected was in the kit. Well packaged and in great condition. The iron worked nicely. The only suggestion I have is for a more organized set of video instructions. There are a lot of videos on the RACEWAX web site but it's hard to sort through them all to get to what you need. I'd recommend this product to others.
Excellent product. Now I can do my own waxing and edge tuning. The videos on the site are incredibly helpful and Marc also provided great advice. Looking to get the rotobrush next.
As someone who skis often this is the perfect portable wax and tune kit!
Great Kit!!! Edge tool particularly useful. You can do it yourself after watching a few videos on the site. Super Service - my order arrived the next day.
Great tuning kit for the money! Had everything you need to start tuning and waxing at home!
Overall great product! I wish it came with a cork buffer though to buff in the wax.