RaceWax-Swix Elite Ski Snowboard Wax Tuning Kit with a ski vise (convert to snowboard tuning with Swix/Toko adapter sold separately).
Professionally sharpen ski and snowboard edges with the Swix base-side angle edge tool.
RaceWax World Cup All Metal ski vise. 60 mm wide gripping length on center jaws offers superior stability for skis. Jaw opening ranges from 40-110 mm. Height adjustable end supports that rotate in two directions.
- Temperature adjustable 1000W RaceWax wax iron (120 volt) with a double-thick baseplate dimpled and grooved for excellent wax distribution. Temperature range of 80-170 C (176-338 F).
- Swix Base-Side Dual Edge Tool. Dial a precise side angle from 0 degree to 5 degrees and base angle of 0.5 to 1.0 degree. Nine angles total.
- High-quality Swiss-made ICECUT metal file included (80 mm).
- Medium grit diamond stone for routine edge maintenance and sharpening (360 grit);
- Swix Gumi Stone for removing rust, deburring and detuning
- Two 60 g bars Swix Wax - 1 Red/Warm mid-range temp 14F to 36F (-10C to +2C) - 1 Blue/Cold temp -4F to 14F (-20C to -10C);
- 5 mm thick tough plexi wax scraper with classic orange RaceWax logo. 7 inches long and 2.2 inches high (175x55x5);
- Three Brush Set: Brass brush for renewing base structure, opening pores, and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush is the workhorse of wax removal; Soft, fine Horsehair brush for removing wax from the fine structure of your base for the ultimate polish! Each brush measures 3 in x 4.5 in.
- Metal Scraper with storage sleeve
- One Clear P-Tex 8 mm 190 mm long
- One Black P-Tex 8 mm 190 mm long
- Brass file cleaning brush
- Two Large Brake Retainers
- Large (approx 12" x 8" x 6.5") double-zippered Cordura tool bag that features: Internal strap to secure wax iron; two internal tool pockets; zippered mesh pocket; external pocket.
Summary of common uses (see individual products for more detail):
- edge tool sets angles for boards and skis
- wax is rated for all conditions
- wax scraper removes excess wax that slows skis
- ptex and metal scraper are to repair base gouges
- brush kit is for final buffing of base to remove wax from grooves or structure
Bonus Benefit for the edge tool: If you don't know what base and side angles your ski/board are set to, this tool can help you find them. Before you start mark the metal edge with a sharpie, start the tool at the lowest angle and see if it removes the marking on your edge. Raise the angle step-wise and repeat until it removes the mark. That is your angle! Record the base/side angles for future reference.
Three Brush Kit Details: Brass brush (10 mm) for renewing base structure, opening pores before you wax (for this step brush in the opposite direction - tail to tip), and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush (10 mm) that is the workhorse of wax removal. Designed to be stiff enough to remove wax in less passes to save you time; Soft, fine Horsehair brush (8 mm) for removing wax from the fine structure of your base for the ultimate polish! Each brush measures 3 in x 4.5 in.;
Temperature adjustable 1000W RaceWax wax iron with a double-thick baseplate dimpled and grooved for excellent wax distribution. Temperature range of 80-170 C (176-338 F). 120 volts and 1000 watts, 60 Hz. North American model with standard plug.
The product was delivered faster then expected. I am teaching myself to tune my skis and found it to be simple with this kit.