Warm Temperature Hydrocarbon Wax, 150 g
- for base cleaning/conditioning and/or non-racing applications.
- Use the hot-wax-scrape method for cleaning/conditioning.
Red/Warm wax for use above 25 F (-4 C).
Racers should never use chemical or citrus base cleaners on your skis or boards! It will slow them down.
Use the hot-scrape method to completely clean the base of old wax before you add new wax. The idea is to use warm/liquefied wax to "wash out" the dirt and old wax.
- Choose an inexpensive soft wax, the red (warm) hydrocarbon made here is ideal for this.
- Drip on a coat of wax
- Work tip to tail.
- You want a warmer iron for this step so and scrape it off while it is still liquid. You should have a 8-12 inch trail of liquid wax behind the iron without overheating the base.
- You can monitor the temperature by touching the top of the ski (which is now under the base); keep in mind that the thermal properties of skis (how well heat passes through from base to top) differs from ski-to-ski because the layers may have different thicknesses or materials.
- Repeat waxing/scraping until the wax is clean.
- Select a wax for the final wax/scrape that is closer to the temperature of your race wax; select a warm or cold version.
- After your last scraping, brush tip to tail with a brass brush; the wax can be warm for this step.
- See Tuning Tips from the top menu for more detailed information.
This is a good all around warm wax. I use this for the family members that are not racing or need the more expensive waxes. Side by side on similar skis to the Fluoro's its 80% as fast....
I’ve spent several hundred dollars on various brands of waxes and this is my favorite. Incredible base cleaner and fabulous warm wax for east coast natural or man made snow . I’ve cleaned /waxed about 30 pairs of skis
great for cleaning and conditioning the base. easy to us and very practical.
Good wax. This and the Universal are my preferred waxes. I'm using this one for warm days, as well as for hot scraping. Good price, good size chunk of wax.
This is my 'go to' wax for all base cleaning and preparation/conditioning. I like it better than Swix, and it's half the price.