RaceWax Wide Ski RotoBrush Kit 150-mm-Axle Handle-Shield with all three 150 mm Brushes: Nylon, Horsehair, Brass
- RaceWax ski rotobrush 150 mm with detachable axle and safety shield/hood. For 150 mm roto brushes. Large ergonomic grip. Hexagon shaft rolls smoothly on sealed bearings.
- Changing brushes is literally a snap. Instead of loosening the drill chuck each time you need to change a brush, simply pull the axle from the handle, slide brushes off/on and snap it back in.
- The hexagonal axle is compatible with all RaceWax, SKS, Swix and Toko rotobrushes (useful in that you could put a 100 mm brush from those manufacturers on our axle.
- RaceWax brass ski rotobrush. 150 mm. Use the brass brush for before-wax base cleaning or for very hard waxes. Use in a tail-to-tip direction for base structure renewal and pore opening for better wax absorption.
- RaceWax white nylon ski rotobrush. 150 mm. Use before horsehair brush finish.
- RaceWax horsehair ski rotobrush. 150 mm. Use after the nylon brush for a final finish.
- See Product Use tab below or Tuning Tips section for instructions.
- Do NOT buy this kit for snowboard use. You need 300 mm brushes for a snowboard.
Don't use excessive drill speeds or downward pressure. This will create excessive heat and smear wax rather than brush it. Most cordless drills max out at 1,200 rpm, but standard drills go up to 2,500 rpm. Use the sound of the drill to judge the speed. Most of the brushing action is back and forth with a tip to tail finish.
- Always use safety glasses.
- (Except for brass) Brush from tip to tail with the brush rotation throwing the wax particles towards the tail.
- Brass or Copper Roto-Brush: Use tail to tip at a medium pace with light pressure at 800 rpm.
- Nylon Roto-Brush: Use back and forth at a medium pace with medium pressure at top speed not-to-exceed 2,500 rpm, with two final strokes tip to tail.
- Horsehair Roto-Brush: Use back and forth at a medium pace with light pressure at top speed not-to-exceed 2,500 rpm, with two final strokes tip to tail.
Brush quality is good. Really like the quick change aspect. If the shield bends slightly towards the end so it almost touches the brush, just give it a little twist where it meets the handle, it is adjustable. Wish the brush bristles would extend past the ring’s outer diameter of the open part of the shield so that I could keep the shield on while I use it on a snowboard. I have a 3D base and this length brush works better than a 300mm. My solution was to take off the shield. I’m very happy with the purchase.