RaceWax Ski Vise All Metal Three Piece 110 mm
- Heavy-duty, all-metal construction.
- Jaw opening ranges from 40-110 mm. Though for wide skis you may find simply by clamping to the binding instead of the sidewalls is faster and easier!
- 60 mm wide gripping length on center jaws (this is the length of the black grip seen on the center jaw) offers superior stability for skis.
- Height adjustable end supports.
- End supports rotate in two directions that offer multiple angle settings for maximum flexibility, increased comfort, and custom visibility while tuning.
- The clamps that fix to the tuning bench open to 2.25" (standard for all brands of vises).
- One pair (two) ski brake retainers included.
- Add Swix/Toko adapters (MR-8077 or MR-8051) to convert for snowboard or Nordic; they snap on the end support screws.
Definitely very usable for all around tuning and waxing. Super solid metal and easy to use clamp tightening. Only big problem with them is that the entire clamp in the middle should be rubberized. When clamping onto a variety of non-race bindings (e.g. look pivots) there is metal-on-metal contact that results in scuffing and scraping the bindings. Possible workaround is to raise the heigh of the end clamps to perfectly position the rubberized section that is available, but this is a big inconvenience when working with several pairs of skis with different bindings.
As an old skier I have been tuning and hot waxing skis for over 75 years. These look like an excellent piece of equipment.
This vise is very solid and mounts with a firm grip as a vise should to do your work.
Excellent product, exceed expectations
This is a very well made, sturdy and easy to use piece of tuning equipment. The only issue, which may be unique to my situation, is that maximum vice stability requires that the entire mounting surface of the vise be on the workbench. This requires a fairly deep recess between the bench top edge and the drawers, which my workbench does not have. This would not be an issue if using a commercial tuning bench.
Was looking for a 3 piece ski vise to travel with on ski trips. I really like the rubber contact points for the ski & surface clamps, ability of the vise to angle & the price was fair compared to other name brand ski products. Will get some good use out of this.
Excellent value. Does every thing other brands do at 1/2 the price.
I am a very heavy tuner . . . about 16 pairs skis per week during the racing season. These are an excellent purchase. I have had (and still own) three different vises from other companies and these are the ones I still prefer to use on a daily basis.
Works well with Dynafit bindings, gripping the closed toe piece. Metal body seems like it should last a while, but I haven't had it long yet. No complaints so far. Swix one is sleeker, but since I only tune a couple times a season I'll save money where I can.