RaceWax Ski Vise All Metal Three Piece 110 mm
- Heavy-duty, all-metal construction.
- Jaw opening ranges from 40-110 mm. Though for wide skis you may find simply by clamping to the binding instead of the sidewalls is faster and easier!
- 60 mm wide gripping length on center jaws (this is the length of the black grip seen on the center jaw) offers superior stability for skis.
- Height adjustable end supports.
- End supports rotate in two directions that offer multiple angle settings for maximum flexibility, increased comfort, and custom visibility while tuning.
- The clamps that fix to the tuning bench open to 2.25" (standard for all brands of vises).
- One pair (two) ski brake retainers included.
- Add Swix/Toko adapters (MR-8077 or MR-8051) to convert for snowboard or Nordic; they snap on the end support screws.
This is a very well made, sturdy and easy to use piece of tuning equipment. The only issue, which may be unique to my situation, is that maximum vice stability requires that the entire mounting surface of the vise be on the workbench. This requires a fairly deep recess between the bench top edge and the drawers, which my workbench does not have. This would not be an issue if using a commercial tuning bench.
Was looking for a 3 piece ski vise to travel with on ski trips. I really like the rubber contact points for the ski & surface clamps, ability of the vise to angle & the price was fair compared to other name brand ski products. Will get some good use out of this.
Excellent value. Does every thing other brands do at 1/2 the price.
I am a very heavy tuner . . . about 16 pairs skis per week during the racing season. These are an excellent purchase. I have had (and still own) three different vises from other companies and these are the ones I still prefer to use on a daily basis.
Works well with Dynafit bindings, gripping the closed toe piece. Metal body seems like it should last a while, but I haven't had it long yet. No complaints so far. Swix one is sleeker, but since I only tune a couple times a season I'll save money where I can.
Great device, great job holding skis/board for tuneup
Unpacked and mounted easily. Only used one night so far but sharpened and waxed 3 pair of FIS race skis,one pair of 90mm all mountain skis, and a pair of youth twin tips. All skis easily configured to this system...just needed to add a spacer under the center mount for clamping the youth skis without risers. Very solid equipment. I’m very happy with my purchase!
As the name implies, the Racewax World Cup Ski Vise has similar functionality as the eponymous vises by Swix & Toko for much less. The all metal construction feels like it's built to last. The one thing I'd change is the knob length for raising the ends and changing the angle is just a touch too long so hits against the bench top when you're loosening / tightening - - it works, but with some difficulty unless you file it down a bit ~1/16" on each end.
Very satisfied, Can't beat the price. Product is as described and works as expected. Customer service was top notch. Great talking with the RACEWAX they were very helpful and steered me in the right direction.