New Model/Design! Skimender RP105 Base Repair Pistol 100-240 V
- This is a repair pistol for personal use; before use read all instructions (and tips here) and all safety info.
- Best results are achieved when the base surface is rough and the base is pre-heated.
- Simple to operate and capable of producing quality base repairs with good durability.
- The RP105 uses the 11 mm ptex sticks; these are more durable than drip repair candles (do not use 8 mm candles or any other ptex type).
- New feature on the RP105 is a on/off switch in the handle.
- Includes a stand for your bench and (4) four-inch clear repair sticks.
- Operating voltage between 100-240v. For other than the U.S. and Canada a plug adapter will be needed.
- Important! Allow the RP100 to heat-up to operating temperature, about 15-20 minutes. A repair stick should be in the pistol while it heats.
- Important! Best results are achieved when the base surface is rough and the base is pre-heated.
- Important! Extreme skin burns can result from contact with molten ptex or the pistol tip.
- Ptex material should come out of the gun about the consistency of honey.
- Gouges should be at least 3 mm deep for effective bonding, shallower gouges are better filled with P-Tex candles.
- When the pistol is hot simply hold the tip over the gouge and lightly press the trigger, the P-Tex will begin to flow, press the molten P-Tex lightly into the gouge with the tip (always keep P-Tex between the tip and the base to avoid damaging the base) and proceed along the gouge until it is filled.
- You need just enough P-Tex to fill the gouge.
- Don't move too quickly, you want the tip to heat the base with a float of about 1mm of P-Tex in between so a good bond can form, nice and easy.
- Allow the repair to cool completely before using a steel scraper to reduce and smooth the repair.
- Always work from the center of the repair toward the ends to avoid accidentally pulling out the repair.
- Be sure to work in a well ventilated space and/or use a respirator while ptexing.
There are no reviews for this product at this time.Write a Review