Swix Economy Diamond Stone - New 2017 Design.
Diamond Stone Selection Guide (Choose one):
- RED= Coarse 200 grit - light cutting to reestablish the edge bevel
- YELLOW= Medium 400 grit - for routine edge maintenance and sharpening (With the red, one of two critical stones in the diamond series. Great for a sharp smooth edge.)
- WHITE= Fine 600 grit - for deburring and edge polishing.
The stone dimensions are 103 mm x 24 mm x 4.5 mm, the diamond area is 80 mm x 20 mm.
For optimum performance:
- The diamond files should be used lubricated, spraying on a solution of 50% water and 50% denatured alcohol. In emergency, on the ski slope, the snow could be enough to keep them lubricated.
- Create the edge with a file, then use the various grits in sequence for obtaining a mirror finish (200-400-600). Three or four passes of each grit, without exerting pressure, are enough to obtain a perfect result.
- After use, clean the stone with the water-alcohol solution using a small bronze or nylon brush.
Even though they’re listed as “Economy", these stones work really well. RaceWax also provides a little diamond stone care card for them.