Swix Marathon Black Fluoro Free Cross Country Ski Wax 40 g New 2020 - Extreme durability!
- Developed especially for wet dirty contaminated snow. The additive is reducing friction against dirt particles. Great in warmer conditions, but often competitive also in colder weather.
- Best used as an additive to the wax of the day.
- Universal temperature range, but best on old or dirty snow.
- Exceptional speed and durability.
- The speed of the iron should be approx. 8-10 sec. on a skating ski. The wax can be re-heated after cooling to room temperature (10 min) for better durability.
- Scraping after approx. one minute. Important to have a good iron to get an efficient melting of the wax.
- Marathon waxes can be used as a race wax alone or as a base for powders and other top coats. Recommended iron temp: 155 C (311 F).
Swix Marathon Application Recommendations
- Start with a base coat of wax that is Swix CH6 or harder.
- Cool. Scrape. Brush.
- Drip on Marathon wax. Make 2-3 passes with the iron. 8-10 seconds per pass. Recommended iron temp: 155 C (311 F).
- Scrape while still warm. If it fully cools the wax will be more difficult to scrape.
- Rather than drip the wax on, some grate the wax to a powder first so that it distributes more evenly for the melt. However, you must use an iron that has a beveled base plate, otherwise you may end up just pushing the powdered wax rather than melt it..
There are no reviews for this product at this time.Write a Review