Toko Digital Ski Wax Snowboard Waxing Iron T14
- Toko's newest and most powerful, professional ski and snowboard waxing iron features a built-in microprocessor to precisely control temperature fluctuations.
- Heats up quickly to deliver a working temperature range of 212 Degrees to 320 Degrees F (100 Degrees to 160 Degrees C).
- It also features a digital readout to continually display its current operating temperature.
- The compact ergonomic chassis enables waxing in a variety of orientations and has a pressure-cast aluminum base featuring diagonal grooves that help distribute wax more evenly across ski or snowboard bases.
- The aluminum base plate is a hefty 1/2" thick and measures 4" x 6".
- 120 volts and 1200 watts.
- Includes a sturdy padded nylon storage/travel case. Cord has swivel in the handle for standing on end.
I have been using a cheap Swix iron for years, it works well but I had no idea what the actual temperature was. I bought a temperature gun and that gave me false readings because of the surface being a shiny alloy and the wax surface not being the iron temp. I bought the Toko because all my friends have it and it has a digital gauge. It heats quick and hold temperature well. I like the grooves in the bottom because the wax is more evenly dispersed than a flat bottom iron. An observation I have is that I iron perpendicular to the ski and the iron is much wider than the ski, with grooves moving the wax easier I get a lot more wax off the edge and on the floor than with the flat bottom iron. (which I would then have to scrap off any how). Long story short I should be able to save on wax consumption once I figure out how much for this iron.
Holds temperature quite well, unlike some cheaper irons. Doesn't spread wax quite as well as some irons, but still quite good. I think a strong choice if you don't want to spend $200 or $300 (or more) on an iron.
It seems that only recently have there been digital wax irons available for a realistic price for the home user. This iron seems to fit that description in my eyes. It's nice to be able to set your temperature without having to wander around on the adjusting dial.