RaceWax-Swix Elite Ski Snowboard Wax Tuning Kit with a ski vise (convert to snowboard tuning with snowboard adapter sold separately).
- RaceWax World Cup All Metal Ski Vise: Jaw opens up to 105 mm. Can take wider skis if you simply clamp to the binding (instead of the sidewalls) - it is faster and easier! 50 mm wide gripping length on center jaws. Height adjustable end supports that are spring loaded.
- Temperature adjustable 1000W RaceWax wax iron (120 volt) with a double-thick baseplate dimpled and grooved for excellent wax distribution. Temperature range of 80-170 C (176-338 F).
- Swix Base-Side Dual Edge Tool. Dial a precise side angle from 0 degree to 5 degrees and base angle of 0.5 to 1.0 degree. Nine angles total.
- High-quality Swiss-made ICECUT metal file included, 80 mm.
- Medium grit diamond stone for routine edge sharpening (360 grit); 80 mm is the max length for this tool.
- Swix Gumi Stone for removing rust, deburring and detuning
- Two 60 g bars Swix Wax - 1 Red/Warm mid-range temp 14F to 36F (-10C to +2C) - 1 Blue/Cold temp -4F to 14F (-20C to -10C);
- 5 mm thick tough plexi wax scraper with classic orange RaceWax logo. 7 inches long and 2.2 inches high (175x55x5);
- Three Brush Set: Brass brush for renewing base structure, opening pores, and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush is the workhorse of wax removal; Soft, fine Horsehair brush for removing wax from the fine structure of your base for the ultimate polish! Each brush measures 3 in x 4.5 in.
- Metal Scraper with storage sleeve
- One Clear P-Tex 8 mm 190 mm long
- One Black P-Tex 8 mm 190 mm long
- Brass file cleaning brush
- Two Large Brake Retainers
- Large (approx 12" x 8" x 6.5") double-zippered Cordura tool bag that features: Internal strap to secure wax iron; two internal tool pockets; zippered mesh pocket; external pocket.
Summary of common uses (see individual products for more detail):
- edge tool sets angles for boards and skis
- wax is rated for all conditions
- wax scraper removes excess wax that slows skis
- ptex and metal scraper are to repair base gouges
- brush kit is for final buffing of base to remove wax from grooves or structure
Bonus Benefit for the edge tool: If you don't know what base and side angles your ski/board are set to, this tool can help you find them. Before you start mark the metal edge with a sharpie, start the tool at the lowest angle and see if it removes the marking on your edge. Raise the angle step-wise and repeat until it removes the mark. That is your angle! Record the base/side angles for future reference.
Three Brush Kit Details: Brass brush (10 mm) for renewing base structure, opening pores before you wax (for this step brush in the opposite direction - tail to tip), and brushing hard waxes; Nylon brush (10 mm) that is the workhorse of wax removal. Designed to be stiff enough to remove wax in less passes to save you time; Soft, fine Horsehair brush (8 mm) for removing wax from the fine structure of your base for the ultimate polish! Each brush measures 3 in x 4.5 in.;
Temperature adjustable 1000W RaceWax wax iron with a double-thick baseplate dimpled and grooved for excellent wax distribution. Temperature range of 80-170 C (176-338 F). 120 volts and 1000 watts, 60 Hz. North American model with standard plug.
There are no reviews for this product at this time.Write a Review