A collection of training videos & tutorials.Wax Wizard
Find the right wax for the right conditions.Ski & Board Wax
Racing wax for Snowboarding & Skiing.Tuning Tools
Use the same tools the pro’s use.
Buying at Ski Swap Sales
Getting there early is always smart, but here are some other things to consider for skis:
- Look the skis over for a general impression. Have they been cared for well?
- Bring a true bar with you and check for base flatness. Unevenness will require a stonegrind.
- While you have the true bar there, check the base bevel for extreme gaps. Anything unusual will require a stonegrind.
- Check for damaged bases. Core shots will need a technician's care; minor scratches you should be able to fix yourself.
- Check edges for major damage; small nicks are fixable.
- Check the sidewalls for cracks or separation with the metal edge.
- Are the skis bent or twisted? Hold them together base-to-base. They should be symmetrical.
- If the skis have serial numbers, make sure they match.
- Are there excessive binding holes? It could compromise the ski integrity.
- Are the bindings loose? Take a small tool kit with you and see if they will tighten up.
- Do the bindings rattle if shaken?
- Know your DIN settings so you can check the bindings for the proper range.
- Will the bindings need to be reset? Know your boot length and bring a tape measure to check.
Here is what to consider for boot shopping:
- Remove the boot liner and slip your foot in. You should be able to slip one finger behind your heel when your toes are at the front.
- Are the boot soles heavily worn from walking?
- Do the hinges function?
- Any missing rivets?
- Are the liners worn? Is the tongue attached?
- Ensure that the buckles are all there and not loose or broken.
Q: What should you take with you?
A: True bar; tape measure; small screwdriver set with multiple bits; and know your boot length and DIN settings.
- Wax Wizard
- Tuning Tips
- Tuning Tips Overview
- Quick Tuning Guide
- Base Structure Theory
- Edge Tuning
- Ptex Base Repair
- Diamond Stone Care & Use
- Sidewall Cutting
- Wax Application
- Wax Iron Setting
- Choosing Wax
- Wax Charts
- Choosing Tuning Kits
- Tuning Kit Instructions
- Essential Equipment List
- Fluoro Powder Application
- New Skis/Board Care
- Spring Tuneup
- Summer Storage
- Buying at Ski Swap Sales
- Questions and Answers
- Video Archive Overview
- Newsletter Signup