A collection of training videos & tutorials.Wax Wizard
Find the right wax for the right conditions.Ski & Board Wax
Racing wax for Snowboarding & Skiing.Tuning Tools
Use the same tools the pro’s use.
Choosing Tuning Kits
About RaceWax kits:
- We have completely revamped our kits for 2020.
- All kits contain the essentials for tuning both skis and snowboards. You no longer have to choose one or the other; all kits do both.
- There are two kit configurations:
- A large size bag with a comprehensive set of tools and accessories, including a wax iron, edge tools, wax, and base repair (the kits can be further configured with a ski or snowboard vise).
- Specialized kit combinations that focus on a particular aspect of tuning (e.g., edges, wax removal, base repair, etc.).
- The major differences in kit functionality centers around the edge tools and brushes. Here is a quick comparison:
- Universal kits have an easy to use basic tool that sets and sharpens the side edge at the angles most commonly used for ski/snowboard; a buffing pad is included for wax removal. The tool in this kit (as well as the Diamond kit) is the best tool for wavy-edged boards made by LibTech and MagneTraction.
- Diamond kits has the same side-edge-only edge tool as above in the Universal kit but also includes a diamond stone for routine sharpening; for wax removal a full-size nylon brush is included.
- Elite and Elite-Digital kits have an edge tool that will set and sharpen the both the base edge and side edges to a total of 9 different angles with high precision, and includes a diamond stone, as well as a full set of three wax brushes. The Digital kit has all the same tools and supplies, the difference being that the iron has a digital readout.
- Pro kits are most similar in content to the Digital kit above with the exception that they replace the all-in-one multi-angle edger with a set of traditional fixed angle edge tools. This kit is a good choice for those expecting to expand their tool kits beyond common recreational use.
- edge tool sets angles for boards and skis
- diamond stone is used to maintain edge sharpness weekly without wearing down your edges
- wax scraper removes excess wax to improve glide
- metal scraper and ptex are to repair base gouges
- gummi stone is for edge rust removal, detuning, and burr removal
- file brush used to keep files free of metal waste from edge work
- brake retainer holds the ski brake during edge tuning
|RaceWax Digital Wax Iron||X||X|
|RaceWax Wax Iron||X||X||X|
|Side Only Edger (2 angles)||X||X|
|Base & Side Edger (9 angles)||X||X|
|Metal File for Edger||X||X||X||X||X|
|Clear Plexi Wax Scraper||X||X||X||X||X|
|Two Ptex rods (black/clear)||X||X||X||X||X|
|Metal Base Repair Scraper||X||X||X||X||X|
|Brass File Cleaning Brush||X||X||X||X||X|
|Gummi Edge Stone||X||X||X||X||X|
|3 Brush Kit: Brass/Nylon/Horsehair||X||X||X|
|Nylon Wax Brush||X|
|Wax Buffing Pad||X|
|2 Brake Retainers||X||X||X||X||X|
|Swix Universal Wax (60 grams)||X||X|
|Swix Red Wax (60 g - Warm)||X||X||X|
|Swix Blue Wax (60 g - Cold)||X||X||X|
|Large Bag with Handles/Pockets||X||X||X||X||X|
|89 Deg Side Edge Guide||X|
|88 Deg Side Edge Guide||X|
|87 Deg Side Edge Guide||X|
|1.0 Deg Base Edge Guide||X|
- Wax Wizard
- Tuning Tips
- Tuning Tips Overview
- Quick Tuning Guide
- Base Structure Theory
- Edge Tuning
- Ptex Base Repair
- Diamond Stone Care & Use
- Sidewall Cutting
- Wax Application
- Wax Iron Setting
- Choosing Wax
- Wax Charts
- Choosing Tuning Kits
- Tuning Kit Instructions
- Essential Equipment List
- Fluoro Powder Application
- New Skis/Board Care
- Spring Tuneup
- Summer Storage
- Buying at Ski Swap Sales
- Questions and Answers
- Video Archive Overview
- Newsletter Signup